A quick and easy vegan banana bread recipe.
- 225g of plain flour
- 3 heaped tsp of baking powder
- 100g of brown sugar
- 3 tsp of cinnamon
- 4 medium brown bananas
- 5 tbsp of vegetable oil (equivalent to 75g)
- Mixing bowl
- Fork, table and tea spoon
- Grease proof paper
- Bread tin
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees (based on a fan assisted oven) and line your bread tin with the grease proof paper
- Mash the bananas in the mixing bowl with a fork, mix in the oil and sugar
- Add the flour to the bowl along with the baking powder and cinnamon, mix together well
- At this point you can add additional ingredients such as dried fruits or nuts (I do not add any additional ingredients, I prefer it plain)
- Tip the mix into your lined bread tin. Place in the oven for 20 minutes
- After 20 minutes cover the tin with foil so the bread is covered and put back in the oven for a further 40 minutes
- Wait for the bread to cool before slicing and you’re done!
This bread is delicious and incredibly moreish. It is cheap and easy to make, low in sugar and fat!