A delicious, quick and easy vegan peanut butter cookie recipe.
- 5 tablespoons of vegetable margarine
- 3 ½ tablespoons of peanut butter
- 50g caster sugar
- 50g brown sugar
- 100g plain flour
- 1 pinch of salt (optional: I have made the cookies forgetting this part and they taste the exact same!)
- Pre-heat the oven at 200 degrees (based on a fan assisted oven)
- Blend the margarine with the peanut butter and then mix in the sugars
- Add the pinch of salt (optional) and flour and mix until you form a dough
- Shape the mixture into balls (I do not follow a size guide as I like to make different sizes of cookies)
- Space them out onto a tray lined with grease proof paper, flatten each one slightly with a fork
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes until light brown
- Leave to cool before removing them from the tray and enjoy!
- When I first made the cookies I did not add the pinch of salt, the second time I added it and it made no difference so I would not add it in future but it is personal choice.
- I am very impatient so I didn’t wait for one to completely cool before trying the cookie. I broke the cookie up and added it to Ben & Jerry’s vegan ice cream – best decision I have made all year! Delicious!