A delicious vegan recipe.
- 1 large sweet potato
- ½ tin of chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
- Vegetable oil
- ½ tsp of cumin, cayenne pepper, black pepper and cinnamon
- Salad: spinach leaves, baby tomato’s, avocado, red onions and chai seeds
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees (based on a fan assisted oven) and line a baking tray with foil
- Wash the sweet potato and cut in half (length ways) place in the oven for 45 minutes
- While the potatoes are in the oven marinate the chickpeas after you have drained the water away in a tea spoon of vegetable oil and the spices listed above then set aside
- After 45 minutes remove the sweet potatoes from the oven and rub them with vegetable oil, place them face down on the tray, adding the chickpeas you set aside and place in the oven for 25 minutes (until the potatoes are fork tender and the chickpeas are golden)
- While you wait prepare your salad
- For serving, place the sweet potatoes flesh side up and slightly mash the top. Spread on a layer of hummus and sprinkle the roasted chickpeas on top and around the potato
This dish is delicious, healthy and really filling!