A vegan chilli recipe.
- Red kidney beans in chilli sauce (200g)
- Passata (400g)
- 1 red onion
- 1 tsp chilli power
- 3 garlic cloves
- ½ cup of mixed vegetables
- Schwartz Mix – Chilli con carne mix
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp of vegetable margarine
- Salad: spinach leaves, cucumber, sweet corn, avocado, sprinkle of chai and pumpkin seeds
- You will need to prepare to boil or steam the sweet potatoes. While your steamer is heating up or your water in the pot is being brought to the boil wash, scrub, peel and chop the sweet potatoes. Leave the potatoes on a medium heat whilst you cook your chilli.
- Place 1 tbsp of oil into a pan, heat the oil and add the garlic, cook for 3 minutes. Add the chopped red onion, chilli powder and brown for a further 3 minutes.
- Add the mixed vegetables, Schwartz Mix, red kidney beans and passata to the pan and bring to the boil, then reduce to simmer and cover for 15-20 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Whist the chilli and potatoes are cooking prepare your salad and get a large bowl and mashing utensil to create your sweet potato mash.
- Once all is cooked take the chilli off the heat, tip the potatoes into the mixing bowl, and add 1 tbsp of vegetable margarine then mash.
- Add the mash and chilli to your plate with your salad and ‘Ta-da!’ you’re done!
There should be some chilli left-over to freeze or eat the next day. To accompany the chilli, cous cous is another healthy alternative to rice.
Chai seeds have many benefits, they are full of nutrients, loaded with antioxidants, fibre, protein, omega-3 fatty acids, and many more.
Pumpkin seeds also have benefits such as magnesium, zinc and omega-3.