An easy to pack vegan chickpea sandwich, perfect for lunch.
- 1 tin of chickpeas (400g, in water)
- ½ red onion
- ½ red pepper
- 3 tbsp of vegan mayo
- ½ tsp of mustard
- 1 garlic clove or ½ tsp of garlic powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of black pepper
- 1 tbsp of dill
- Slices of bread (multiseed bread was used in this recipe)
- Spinach leaves
- Mixing bowl
- Tea spoon
- Table spoon
- Garlic crusher (optional)
- Drain the chickpeas, place them in the mixing bowl and mash
- Add the onion, red pepper, garlic, salt, black pepper, dill, mustard and mayo into the mixing bowl with the chickpeas and mix to form a sandwich filling consistency
- Toast your slices of bread, add spinach leaves and the chickpea filling to the toasted sandwich and you are done!
- You do not need to toast the bread, this is optional.
- Use different spices and ingredients to experiment.
- Try the recipe and add it to a salad instead of on a sandwich.