A delicious vegan lentil and roasted vegetable recipe, perfect for lunch or dinner.
- 2 cups of peeled & chopped sweet potato
- 1 cup of chopped red onion
- ½ cup of peeled & chopped carrot
- ½ cup of broccoli
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1 cup of red lentils
- 3 cups of water, mixed with a vegetable stock cube
- 3 tbsp of balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp of maple syrup
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees (based on a fan assisted oven)
- Add your chopped sweet potato to an oven dish lined with parchment paper or foil. Drizzle olive oil over the potatoes with a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Place in the oven for 20 minutes
- After 20 minutes, add the broccoli, carrots and onions to the tray. Drizzle the remainder of the olive oil over them, with a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Return to the oven for a further 20 minutes
- Place the lentils in a medium saucepan, add the water mixed with the vegetable stock cube, bring the lentils to the boil, return to a simmer and cover for 20 to 25 minutes (or until the water has been completely absorbed and the lentils are soft)
- Time to prepare the dressing! In a jug or bowl combine balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, salt, pepper and whisk until combine. Set aside whilst your lentils and vegetables cook
- Once the vegetables and lentils are cooked, place in a mixing bowl, then drizzle your dressing over them. Mix and you’re done!
- Experiment! Try the recipe with different vegetables, lentils or spices!
- This recipe filled two lunch boxes!