A delicious vegan recipe for veggie nuggets. Perfect finger food!
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 tin of chickpeas (400g, in water – drain away the water!)
- 3 tbsp of water
- 1 tbsp of flax seeds
- ½ tbsp. of basil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp of black pepper
- 1 tsp of onion powder
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup of flour
- 1 cup of bread crumbs
- Peel the sweet potatoes and chop into bite size cubes. Place these in a medium sauce pan, cover with water, bring to the boil and leave for 10 minutes
- In a small bowl add your flax seeds and 3 tbsp of water, mix and set aside. The mixture will thicken, this is normal!
- Pre heat the oven to 200 degrees (based on a fan assisted oven)
- Once the 10 minutes is up, and your sweet potatoes are soft, drain the potatoes, leave to cool or run them under the cold tap
- In your food processor you will need to add your sweet potatoes, chickpeas (once drained), flax seed mix, basil, garlic, black pepper, onion powder, salt and flour. Turn the food presser on (30 seconds at a time) until all the ingredients are mixed. This will form an orange, thick texture
- Then add your bread crumbs to the food processor and begin to start for 30 seconds at a time, until the breadcrumbs have blended with the mixture
- Take 1 tbsp of the mixture, place this in the palm of your hand, roll to form a ball and then flatten to a ‘nugget’ shape and place on a baking tray lined with foil or parchment paper. Keep doing this until you have used all the mixture
- Place the baking tray in the oven for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes flip the nuggets and return to the oven for a further 10 minutes
- After the 10 minutes is up, remove the nuggets from the oven, allow to cool for 5 minutes and they are ready to be served!
- This recipe made 20 nuggets, if you want less I would advise halving the ingredients or increasing if you want more
- Perfect finger food not only for adults but for children
- With any leftover nuggets, these can be stored in the fridge and added to a salad