A delicious recipe for beetroot hummus.
- 1 can of chickpeas (400g, in water)
- Beetroot (the one used in this recipe was steamed beetroot from Tesco, 300g)
- ½ tsp of salt
- ½ tsp of cumin
- 1 clove of garlic (chopped or crushed)
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 tbsp of water
- Drain the water from the tin of chickpeas and place on half of a kitchen towel. Fold the other half of the towel over the chickpeas and rub back and forth. This will help remove the skins from the chickpeas. When I did this it only removed some of the skins, any chickpeas left in their skin I rolled in between my hands or peeled them off
- Add the chickpeas, salt, cumin, garlic and beetroot to the processor, turn the processor on to start your mixture. Do this for 30 seconds, stop, and push down any mixture that rises up the sides of the processor. Keep doing this until the mixture is blended
- Keep the processor running whilst you add the lemon juice, water and olive oil and stop when the mixture resembles plain hummus but in a hot pink colour!